Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Sing a song

Nursery songs in my head:

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?
Did you guess which thing was not like the others?
Did you guess which thing just doesn't belong?
If you guessed this one is not like the others,
Then you're absolutely...right!
(Sesame Street)
or
"When I grow up, I'd like to walk and run
But I wonder if I'll know how
I guess I'll learn this thing a little at a time
And I think that I will start right now
Because we learn big things a little at a time
To go right up the mountain, first we learn to climb
I can be anything when I grow up
By learning a little at a time"
(Barney)
******
I know it seems ridiculous - my "kids" aren't little anymore, so these songs just bubbled up from my subconscious, I guess?


Adults make life so complicated.  If we could just tell ourselves what we would tell a child we love, we could simplify it enough to make it through, one step at a time.  I don't know...just going out on a limb here.  Still, those songs are rolling around in my head.  And it works better if I sing a little ditty rather than overthink what I am doing.


1 comment:

  1. I agree Gina! Such a great idea, to simplify the message for ourselves and yet so hard to do sometimes. Now I have Barney stuck in my head, too! ;) I guess there could be worse things rolling around up there, huh?

    ReplyDelete