Thursday, April 9, 2015

Feeling good about the Me in the mirror

It's gotten so that I don't really like to see myself in the mirror.  Or in pictures.  And maybe that's because I've been so lazy the past couple of years with my appearance.  Age, weight gain, thyroid, and menopause have conspired to change the landscape of me.  And I'm not loving it.  My low self esteem shows in photographs.  Unless I am with the people I love, then I feel more genuine.

Selfie, of course

I see other 50 somethings and I think to myself that I look older than they do.  It distresses me that my hair fell out so much after the surgery, that my weight didn't change drastically even though I lost my appetite so often (I lost two pounds) and that people view me as being so much older because of the darned limp.  I don't want to feel old, I'm not ready for that!  There is much I can't change about my appearance, but I can enhance it and learn to love the face of the woman I see.  It's high time I start wearing a little makeup, caring a little more about the look of my hair and clothes, and OK, yes, I can start exercising again and feel better inside and out.
My knee is all fixed.  I've been taking my vitamins religiously.  I'm not drinking soda and I'm eating far less fast food than I was before the surgery.  I am starting to be able to do more. I don't want to feel bad about the way I look. 
I want to feel good about me.





No comments:

Post a Comment