Thursday, April 23, 2015

Three weeks "in" post knee surgery

Time flies and its three weeks back at work already.  It seems amazing to me, because just a couple of short months ago I was so worried about not being able to get back.  I had fears about my ability to walk, and also about how much I would forget, how co-workers would perceive me, and how I would manage balancing home and work.  Things seem to be going fairly smoothly.  Which is not to say that there haven't been challenges.  I am still very tired at the end of my workweek - but isn't everyone?  Especially working moms, no matter how old your kids are!  But I can walk on my own two legs, and I trust them to get me where I'm going.  Mostly I was welcomed me back with (literally) open arms.  That made me feel more at ease for sure.  And I have made minor changes in the running of the household.  Specifically, I can no longer do the boys' laundry to "help them out" - there's just too much of it.  Every meal does not have to be homemade - we can eat take-out now and again.  Chores cannot be done every day - I need a REAL day off, like every working person.  Wednesday is my new rest and recover day; if I get some things done, great.  Will everything stay the same as it is right now?  Probably not.  I'll wing it as I go.


I'm just relieved that things are moving along in the right direction.  What seemed impossible to me before is HAPPENING right now.  I don't know whether to feel bad I had so much doubt, or thrilled for so much success.  I think I will take the latter!



No comments:

Post a Comment