Tuesday, April 21, 2015

What you tell yourself matters the most

Another day, another cry fest in PT.
 I expect the sessions to challenge me, and they do.  Learning the last bit of what I need to push past the recovery.  And I do my best not to cry or say I can't.  Somehow, that tends to come out of my mouth more in PT than it does in real life.  I promise I am saying positive things out loud to myself!  I don't even care who is listening!


The hardest thing about physical therapy now isn't even physical.  It's making the connection between my mind and my body synch up.  Telling myself specifically that my knee is strong and I can trust it.  I'm trying hard to do that.  To move through my day with a sense of confidence, ignoring minor pain and getting stuff done at home and at work.  I had no idea before, how important that connection is.  But I am discovering that more and more.  And that's really the only thing in my way.



No comments:

Post a Comment