Thursday, May 7, 2015

Cut loose!

April 22nd was a red letter day!  I had my LAST physical therapy appointment!  The PT measured, timed, evaluated - then she cut me loose.  I told her I bet she would be glad to see the last of me!  But she hugged me twice and told me that she was proud of me, that I worked hard and never gave up. And that I could call her any time if I had trouble. That felt good!  
I mean, REALLY GOOD!

http://dylanconnerphotography.blogspot.com/

 I might still have stiffness and soreness.  Might not run a marathon or sprint up the stairs any time soon.  But every day I notice a tiny bit more improvement than the day before.  And I know that I will continue on with my exercises and walking, and I will get braver as each week passes.  I will get my bike and start riding, and when the pool opens I can go do laps with my kickboard.  Eventually the stairs won't be a problem for me.  Everything will fall into place, and by November, I can do Turkey Trot.  The circle will be complete - Fall to Fall.  Healed.
Thanks be to God.



No comments:

Post a Comment