Thursday, June 4, 2015

How the work week disappears...

The weeks seem to be zooming by quickly - pretty soon we will be halfway done with the year.  Since returning to work after my LOA, Time seems to be moving differently.  It isn't, it just seems that way.  And maybe that's because my schedule now is drastically different than it was a few weeks ago, when I was going to PT twice weekly and basically at my family's beck and call.  Now here's how the week goes:
Saturday and Sunday - up at 6, clock in at 7 a.m., clock out at 7:30 p.m.  (I'm used to it by now - it's been 16 years since I went on weekends) Usually, I go home Saturday and Sunday to a meal that Hubby prepares.  But lately it seems I am picking up the ball that gets dropped due to one thing or another.  Or, I will decide that a load of laundry must be done. Or, I help load the dishwasher and put up leftovers.  Or, I scoop the cat pan and take out trash.  I can't seem to stop myself!  A lot of times I delegate.  But it's never in a completely friendly tone.  Again, the expectations are not always reasonable.


Monday - up at 5, clock in at 6 a.m., clock out at 2:30 p.m..  OUCH.  Maybe Monday wouldn't suck so hard if I could just learn to come home Sunday, eat, bathe, then DO NOTHING but get in bed.  Monday night is scout meeting, so I either get us take out or fix something super simple.  And I hit the hay by 9.


Tuesday - The dead come back to life.  Same schedule as Monday, but I feel better due to getting to bed early on Monday.  Plus, it's Tuesday, my Friday.  TGIT!  I can pretty much guarantee there will be wine when I get home on Tuesday.  And probably more laundry.


Wednesday - up at 7:30 to light a fire under Grayson.  Shopping and cleaning day.
Thursday - same as Wednesday, but I get to go to doctor or dentist appointments, visit the library, eat a lunch out, do chores, and random errands.
Friday - Same as Wednesday and Thursday, but boredom has set in.  By the end of the day I will have the house in good shape, laundry and ironing done, bills paid, food prepped for the weekend, and my scrubs ready to go.  You'd think all I do is drudge, but really, it takes up only a small part of my day.  Mama needs a hobby.
It's not really a terrible schedule.   But sometimes it can feel a little like I'm on a hamster wheel...
In other news, I think I will start posting every Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment