Saturday, June 20, 2015

More goals and resolutions

I'm not sure that I ever posted my New Year's resolutions on the family blog.  I'm sure that at the time all I could think of was walking, and getting back to my job.  In that order.  Then Life happened and I went through a rough patch.  Then Life improved.  And now I have a newish set of things I want to work on for the rest of the year:

*Less wine. Seriously.  It's gotten to where Happy Hour is starting earlier and earlier, and I don't stop at two glasses.  This is not a trend I want to continue.  It sets a poor example for the boys.  Plus, I fall asleep too early.  Then my sleep is fractured and terrible.  Not to mention all of the calories, the way my skin looks terrible, the stained teeth, etc.

*Practice better oral hygiene.  Brush my teeth several times daily. I can't believe I've been so bad about my teeth!  I have nightmares about losing them. 

*Take my vitamins without fail.  Once I finish those Smarty Pants vitamins, I'll go back to swallowing one pill, not chewing 6 sugar-crusted gummies.  Yuck.


*Drink more water.  This is a habit I follow so well at work - I need to get it started back up at home.

*Eat more veggies, less crap. My daughter has lost 12 pounds in the month she's been home by eating lean protein with raw fruits and veg. Twelve pounds off me would be amazing.  But I would settle for just feeling better.

*Work on getting things finished.  Right now I have an embroidery project in the works, I need to work on the yards, and I am just being plain old lazy about getting the new blinds ordered.

*Master the stairs.  I feel like this is the last piece of the knee rehab I need to do.  My leg feels so weak on stairs. It's a matter of building up those muscles and I really need to commit to getting it done.
******
It's coming along with my other goals - I did send my niece a card, money, and a text message on graduation day.  I did communicate with my sister.  I did start laps at the pool, but this week it has rained quite a lot!  I am reading more, but like I said, the evening drinking is starting to mess that up.  And the bike hasn't happened yet.
Goals and Resolutions.  Guess that will be the theme of my summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment