Tuesday, September 1, 2015

That guy

Spencer came to stay while his new apartment is being made ready. I hate that he had to move again, but such is apartment life in Austin - expensive and inflexible.  I'm glad we were able to help him out a bit.  For the most part he is navigating life on his own, holding down a job and living in his own space.  Doing his own laundry and such.  Which means he's cut the cord with Mom and Dad for his daily life.  But we are glad we could be here for him.
All that is good.


He seems a little down sometimes.  He works in the heat, so I'm sure it's draining all the way around.  I hug him and he doesn't pull away, which is a change from his teen years.  I kiss his scraggly beard and tell him I love him.  I want the best for him.  He's a really nice person.  And I think we did a good job with him, overall.  This one took a while to launch, you'd think I would be used to it by now.


No comments:

Post a Comment