Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Let's be realistic

Resolutions for the year! 
This time last year I was all about rehab for my knee and getting back to work.  Sprinkled in here and there were items of a more personal nature, some of which naturally worked themselves out.  Nevermind that natural can be cruel.  What's done is done, though.  I'm not going backwards.


Every year about this time I say I will drop some of the pudge I managed to accumulate over the holidays.  I am trying.  Well, on some days.  Ok, not very many days.  I was doing well for a little while, then I lost focus.  I am trying to build enough steam to get going again.  But managing to drink more water and take my vitamins every day is a win.  I am also sticking to the rare cup of coffee with creamer in it; mostly I drink it black.  I set up my FitBit account and am logging as best I can.  And I managed to give away most of my Christmas candy.  Except for these:

Homemade pralines from my mother do not count, calorie-wise.  Like a wise friend reminded me, I won't have my mother around forever to make me pralines.
******
But it's a new year and time to make new goals.  So here goes:

*Read and stitch more
*Watch some really good movies, not just PBS cooking shows
*Take a trip with Mark in Mabel at least every other month
*Stop buying size XL
*Hug my family more often
*Do some major projects around the house
*Leave Work at work, where it belongs
*Be kinder

 Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment