Tuesday, February 2, 2016

What I miss

There were a lot of things at the end that I didn't love about my cat.  Things I knew I wouldn't miss, and I know that makes me sound like a meanie.  But there were just as many things about her that I did love, and they are things I find myself missing.  A lot.


Her lounging on my bed, open to a belly rub.



Her loving to sit in open windows, sniffing the air.


Her being near me, no matter where I was in the house.  And usually waiting somewhere near the front door when I walked in from work.


Always near me.  She knew I was her person.


The silly ways and places she would nap.

 Her calm and sweet demeanor.


Her helpfulness with laundry.


 Her loyalty to me when I was recovering from knee surgery.


Her gently inquisitive ways.  She wouldn't even hurt a hamster...


Just sweet, gentle, unassuming, and perfect for all of us.  
I miss her.



1 comment:

  1. It's so funny because I complain a lot about my dogs, but I do miss them even if they were at the groomer for a few hours. What knee surgery did you have? I just had ACL repair!

    ReplyDelete