Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Funny, not funny

It's not the getting older that bothers me, it's the age-related ailments that are no fun.  Regularly I think about how I can try to stay healthier for my kids' and grandkids' sake.  I am trying to make better choices with my health, but some things I cannot change.  There's just no way to slow the aging process, no matter what the pharmaceutical or cosmetics companies tell you.  And shame on them anyway.  It's just going to make it suck more when you realize that tiny $30 tube of crap for your face did nothing but make you $30 poorer.


Maybe this comic hits too close to home.  My list of ailments might be janky knee, toenail fungus, urinary incontinence, hot flashes, thinning hair, snoring, hypothyroidism, tennis elbow, depression, GE reflux, peeling fingernails, presbyopia, high cholesterol, and...hearing loss.  Everyone has their crosses to bear, right?  I'm trying to hoist them up on my (achey)back and move on.  I guess as the saying goes, it could always be worse. 
Blerg.


No comments:

Post a Comment