Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Happier Hours

Hubby and I have discovered that going out more often helps us reconnect and get away from jobs and "kids".  Well, truth be told, both of us have always enjoyed a drink.  Or two.  But nowadays, we can afford to do that more often - both time and money-wise.


On a recent Friday we visited a wine bar in Round Rock and enjoyed some wines by the glass with a goat cheese appetizer....goat cheese, pecans, raspberry chipotle sauce.  Delightful!  And the atmosphere on their outside deck was lovely - lots of shady trees and not too crowded.


Then it was off to Jack Allen's Kitchen where we indulged in Red Handed Smash and Grabs, a Pomegranate and Basil Martini, and my favorite drink of all time...

 

...the Mexican Martini.  Lest you think we drink too much, I might add that we also ate dinner and that these drinks were spread out over three hours. Maybe we are catching up from that period between Baby #1 and age 17 of Baby #4 where we pretty much never went out.  We didn't have grandparents or available babysitters, and money was always tight.  Our priorities were vastly different then than they are now.  Maybe old age is creeping up on us, but we aren't going to slow the Happy Hour roll anytime soon.  In fact it's a regular thing for me to ask "where are we are going this Friday?".  As long as I can make it to work on Saturday hangover-free, I think it's a good thing.
{Hence, the limiting of alcohol on the Plan for Living...}




1 comment:

  1. Hi Gina! New to your blog. No judging from me on drinking. I wish I could still enjoy wine, but alas, my left kidney LOVES creating stones when I do. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete