Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Positive interactions

There might be stressful things happening, but they don't define my every day.  Some nice, affirming things that have happened at work for a change:


 Roses where I work
 
*I stop into Dr. X's office to "hide" while I was waiting for my boss to meet with me.  She says I can come in a hide there any time.  She pauses at her work, and without turning around says "Gina, I really like working with you on the weekends".  Then I sit there some more, admiring the artwork that her two small kids have decorated her office with.
*I was in Walgreen's and see Dr. Y standing in an aisle so naturally I say,  "well, hello there!".  She responds, "Hi!  Are you going into work today?",  then she makes small talk with me, smiling all the while.  I didn't even think she would recognize me outside of work and she was very warm and friendly.  It occurs to me that maybe people outside of my department actually think well of me.
*Lastly, the chaplain at work emailed me to say she had been thinking of me and remembered me in her prayers.  It almost made me cry - so nice.  And it's true that I have felt a little better about my work situation with each week that passes.
*Another day, I see Dr. X and note that we are "twinsies" since we both have on the same scrubs.  She stops to spend time chatting. I tell her what doctor I had been working with and that he was unpleasant.  She says she doesn't understand why being a doctor makes anyone think they can be snotty to anyone else.  "They're not perfect, they're not God", she says.  
******
I think I've given too much power to people who don't have my best interests at heart.  I think that's slowly starting to change for me, and it's a good thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment