Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Life-changing magic

I read this book lately, as a gift from a friend.  And, as the book suggests, I made lists.  Wanna see them?  Sure you do.


Things I may or may not give a fuck about:
Keeping my house clean
Facebook
LinkedIn
Politics
Instagram
Reading the paper or watching the news
Exercise/walking
A healthy diet
My weight
Sports
Trying new foods
Church
Other people's opinions
Getting a pet
The state of our backyard
My blogs
Wine
Watching TV

People I may or may not give a fuck about:
Mother
My immediate family
The rest of my siblings
Neighbors (except for Joe and Carol)
Scout parents
Strangers at the store or pool
The bimbo who works the register at Old Navy
Donald and Hillary

Work-related stuff I may or may not give a fuck about:
The position I applied for (what was I thinking?)
Office gossip
People calling out
Departmental meetings
Students
PACT
Preceptoring
Parking
Raises
"Meeting our numbers"
Other people's drama

Family stuff I may or may not give a fuck about:
In-laws
chopping down our own Christmas tree every Friday after Thanksgiving
The yearly family photo
Stressing over holiday cooking
The kids' tree
Scout obligations
Going to church on holidays, or any day
Anything related to my siblings or half-siblings 
Spending time with my kids and Hubby
Planning vacations
Helping my kids to learn to be independent

******

That was a fairly interesting exercise, and since I have read that book, I find myself asking the question more often  "Do I really give a fuck about this?" before wasting a lot of unnecessary mental energy.  It's definitely a work in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment