Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Workplace roadkill

Recent events at work have me feeling like roadkill. Again.


Yesterday I came to a realization.  I was much happier at work when I wasn't involved in gossip, drama, or politics.  I wasn't trying to win any popularity contests - I was simply trying to be a good co-worker.  I clocked in, did my job, clocked out.  I know I have said in the past that I was going to get back to that routine, but now I am determined to do that for my own survival at work.  Too many things make me feel angry and unsatisfied.  Too many things make me feel disappointed and rubbed the wrong way. Too many things make me feel marginalized and devalued.  And the only person in charge of how I feel is me.  I think I need to step waaay back and keep to myself a little more.  One of my Plan for Living items is to keep private life private, which I do for the most part.  There's really only one person I tell things to, and that person happens to be a co-worker.   So, in that regard, I feel like I am hitting the mark.  But for other things that directly involve me on on the job, I'm venting a little more than I think is prudent.  I have a good job, earning decent pay, and I'm not unhappy with my hours.  I think it's time to fly under the radar at work for a while.


  

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Gina...when I was in the working world, I had to do the same thing several different times...when things start getting stressful at work, it is time to pull back..and you can do that without hurting anyone, I think. I'd just say, "ya know what...I don;t really want to hear that..I have enuf going on in my life without worrying about yours..." but in a gentle way.

    ReplyDelete