Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Creating

One of the things I have let slip the past few months is crafting and sewing - creating.  I can't really blame it on not having a crafting space any more since Spencer moved out over a month ago.  It's just that I seem to get caught in this loop of the To Do list that never gets completely done.  And I prioritize things so that "fun" seems to fall off the list more easily.  Time to let some of the drudge go, for my own piece of mind, and get engaged in creating.  And not just cooking or planting - sewing.


Even when I was in college I made time to sew, so I know it's more of a habit thing.  I just have to start adding it into my schedule so that it becomes a regular activity.  I keep pinning and bookmarking things I want to make and I know that once I get started, the creativity will flow, and possible spill over to other areas of my life.  The crafts I have going right now are: making a bunting for the mantel using an inspiration I saw at this site, sewing myself a couple of skirts, and cross stitching something for Grayson.  Plus, I want to move on to bigger projects (like maybe a quilt, or clothing) , and I feel as tho I've been away from sewing big things for awhile.  So, I intend on picking easy things and move up from there.  Gotta start somewhere!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, doing fun things we love is good for our souls...I must get back into FUN pretty soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun.

    PS: I just found your comment in my box today. I've been off the blogs. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete