Wednesday, May 3, 2017

So far

It's been about like I thought it would be on my new shift.  I like having every morning in my peaceful house with time to get things done as I need to.  I like leaving said house clean and neat every day, returning to a clean kitchen at night and going straight to bed.  I really like the new, simpler meal plan.  And I love that weekends are all mine to spend with my peeps  (even if we work around the house, which is also nice). 


But I also feel like I am in a perpetual time change.  I sleep like a rock, then struggle to get up in time to see my peeps for a short while each morning.  Mark leaves the house by 7, so if I don't get up by 6:30 I will miss him altogether.  I have better luck with Gray since he doesn't generally leave until 7:45.  But it's not exactly quality time.  I have fallen back into mothering mode, making his breakfast and setting some things out for his lunch.  And for Dylan, I heat up some leftovers for lunch and invite him to sit a bit, which he does.  As always, there is that push-and-shove that comes with people needing to get to school and work on time.
Only time will tell how long I can make this new schedule work for all of us, not just me.  It's just gotten started and I owe it a least a year or so. For me, there are more pros than cons.  
I don't miss working weekends at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment