Sunday, October 15, 2017

Sunbeams through the weeds...

Last week was not good.  In so many ways.  And I guess I could talk about my troubles, but I guess I ought to also mention the blessings.  Just to keep things in perspective, I guess.


*Dylan announced to us that he is moving in with his girlfriend - they've been dating for a couple months.  So now he will be legally bound by a lease to stay in the apartment for a year, no matter what happens in the relationship.  Plus, his car insurance went up and he now has rent and utilities to pay.  So he's talking about getting a second job.  Pro:  Many adult life lessons will be learned. 
*My work bestie told me she was putting her house on the market and moving out of state.  While we don't actually work together anymore, we lean on each other for venting about work issues. And we help each other celebrate holidays and birthdays.  It's been great having that person in my life for 10 years...every time this happens to me, I gradually lose touch with the friend.  Seems inevitable that time and distance will push us further apart.  Pro:  she and her family are making some major changes to their lives that may reap huge benefits for them in the future.  Don't we all want the best for our friends?  My plans do not include making this any more stressful for her than it already is.
*My hearing seems to be deteriorating.  The right ear barely shows up for work anymore.  The tinnitus is  near constant, and I have been having vertigo now and again that scares me to death and makes me nauseous and sluggish for the rest of the day.  Most inconvenient and possible fatal if I happen to be zooming down the interstate.  Pro:  I am taking steps to find out what is going on with my inner ear, and my audiologist adjusted my hearing aid on the right.
*Hubby is stressing his job again..  Seems like for the last 5 years he's been in a life or death struggle with his job.  Maybe he's just telling me all of the negatives, and not thinking to share the positives, but it sounds like work is not invigorating him and he talks a lot about what we will do for Plan B.  I myself have no Plan B.  My job is no happier than his.  Pro: We both have jobs and are trying to maintain good health and make sound financial decisions.
*Spencer has boomeranged back home.  He was in a less than desireable situation so I am happy to provide a roof over his head, for now.  We barely see him because he's always at work.   But his choices with money and vaping and beer send me over the edge.  Pro:  He's making baby steps, and he does seem to have a strong work ethic.

That's all I will dwell on for right now. Soon I will post about the happy things only.  I am trying my best to focus on the pros but that doesn't mean I want to bury my head in the sand about the cons...


No comments:

Post a Comment