Thursday, June 21, 2018

Happyish

Part of being a body who experiences anxiety and depression is that it's hard to realize when you are starting down a dreary path.  And so, in the midst of life happening, its hard to see the happy things.  So I am choosing to pause and think about them..in no particular order:


*A day off and a large bucket of popcorn at the movies 
*A quiet house first thing in the morning, with killer A/C and a coffee pot gently perking
*RAIN.  Lots of it.  I can hear my fig tree sighing out there, as well as the lawn.
*All my peeps seem to be on even keels.  I would love for a couple of them to make progress in certain areas, but I am happy that all of them seem to be going about their daily lives in mostly positive ways.
*Mark and I are on strong financial footing and he enjoys being back at his old job.
*My elbow tendonosis is gone.  My back doesn't hurt.  My eye stopped watering. My nails aren't peeling. And I'm drinking lots of water so I don't feel dehydrated.
*We get to take Chloe and Spencer to Bell Springs on Saturday.  We will have a fun lunch, nice wine, listen to good music, enjoy the outdoors.
*I took some of my JA jewelry in for cleaning and repair and that always makes me feel like I am getting new bling!
*I only work four days this week, and since I picked up extra hours on Sunday for overtime I get to work with an old friend and a new one.
******
Just typing that list made me feel better.



1 comment:

  1. Listing things that make you happy is such a wonderful idea. I am right there with you with the popcorn, and quiet mornings with a cuppa joe!

    ReplyDelete