Friday, July 27, 2018

Insomnia

I've been trying not to rely on bendryl or Alka-Seltzer Plus Nighttime to help me fall, and stay, asleep.  The downside to those meds is that they make it hard for me to wake when my bladder is full.  Also, I wake up a little groggy in the morning.  So, I've been skipping them and it has led to me waking up multiple times at night.  Last night was no exception.  Weird dreams, waking myself up (!) with snores and hearing noises, getting up to pee twice, hearing someone (who?) running into a table.  Apparently Hubby heard that noise, too, and was up looking around.  It freaked me out a little and I could not fall back asleep.  That was around 4 a.m. and I was WIDE awake.  By 5, I just gave up on getting any more sleep and got up.  I made a cup of coffee, threw some things into the dryer, and settled in at my computer to read emails and such. 


By 7, I got up from my desk and unloaded the dishwasher while I perked a pot of coffee.  By 7:30, Hubby was up so I packed him a lunch and washed his work pants for next week since it was jeans day.  I also got my lunch and tote bag ready for the day.  By 7:45 I made the bed and straightened the bedroom.  By 8 I had the guys' Saturday dinners prepped and ready.  So I packed my weekend bag. 


At 8:45 I had Friday dinner done, cooling on the counter for me to cover it and put in the fridge.  Reloaded the dishwasher. 


By 9 the kitchen was clean and mopped. 


And by 9:20, I sat down with a leftover piece of pie for breakfast and typed this up.


I feel like a long day is ahead...and I probably need to figure out what I can do to get better sleep.


1 comment:

  1. I hear you on the insomnia! I might as well just go with it and, like a possum, admit that I am nocturnal. I had to laugh at all that you got done. I was like this last week. I think I must really have exhausted myself because one morning I decided to go back to bed after awakening (for the fourth time) at seven and slept until 11:00! I was confused and out of sync that entire day!

    ReplyDelete