Thursday, July 12, 2018

Looking forward to homebody time

As much as I love hanging out with Mark on the weekends, traveling to new wineries and such, getting a snack at Sonic (or just eating out in general), laying in the sun at Highlands with a cold drink, grilling on our hill...I sure miss those days of hanging out at my house.  I used to spend my days off getting a multitude of things done AND still having time to be creative.  I look around the house and while it is clean and such, there are projects - creative projects - I want to work on.


Doing a little decorating/spiffing, sewing, painting, reading, gardening - I don't seem to have a lot of time for nowadays.  The issue is: he's off the same days I am now, so I don't fill my free time with those things anymore.  And I miss all that.  Everyone needs a little unstructured time to putsey and do what they need or want to do around the house.  At least I do.  So, I am a little grateful for on-call weekends since I get to be a homebody, chained to my pager or home phone until 7 p.m.  Plus I earn a little extra, especially if I get called in.
Not that I don't love to have weekends free to go and do.  I just relish the homebody time, too.  And theres one coming up so I'm getting my mental list all ready...



1 comment:

  1. Hi, Gina...oh, yes...we do love our ME time...however, since I've lost my sweetheart of 57 years last summer, I find I have too MUCH free time...I still understand what you are saying, tho. Have fun creating....

    ReplyDelete