Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Mind your own

I've been trying to limit my time on Facebook, and I have actually culled through some of the people and places I "follow".  But one of the things I had been doing lately was "checking in" whenever Hubby and I found a new place to try.  After all, we work hard during the week so that we can have fun on the weekends.  Nothing wrong with that.  We don't go have a beer or bottle of wine to get drunk.  {and if I do have too much, its by accident and always at home where I let my guard down!!} We go to sit and admire scenery, or listen to music, or play cards, or have conversation in places with other happy people.  And guess what?  We are legal drinking age.
 {and have been for 40 years...}


So when someone at work suggested OUT LOUD to everyone in earshot that "Gina is always posting about where she's drinking"  I felt embarrassed.  I immediately went on to my FB account and deleted a lot of posts that referenced drinking - I don't want to send the wrong message to anyone.  And if one person thinks that, maybe others do, too.  And yes, I know that the core issue here is people minding other peoples' business and broadcasting it at work.  So maybe work people and FB don't mix and that's the real problem.  I don't know.  I don't think I should have to justify how I spend my free time.  I worked SEVENTEEN years on weekends, opposite Hubby's schedule.  And now we are doing what everyone else does who works Monday through Friday.  We are enjoying our days off together.  So I'll post about that less, and you FB peeps can mind your own.



No comments:

Post a Comment