Tuesday, October 3, 2017

It's always something

 I'm not a country girl, and I don't know much about surviving out there, but I will have to learn...


We spent the weekend at Highlands, working on the pumphouse shower, mowing, and tromping around collecting prickly pear fruit.  In the middle of the night Sunday I woke up with crazy itching on my feet!  The next day, when I got out of the car at the grocery store, the itching was driving me nuts.  I looked down and saw a war zone of bug bites.  Either chiggers or fire ants - both rampant out there.  Along with all manner of perils I don't yet know about...


Lord, how they itch and burn.  Scratching them feels good for about 10 seconds, then the pain intensifies!  I thought I sprayed my self pretty well with Cutter, and I assumed since my feet were mostly enclosed, they were safe.  But when I switched to flip flops, I didn't spray again.  My bad. 
Every now and then I think I'm not cut out for country life.  I like civilization, indoor plumbing, and all the conveniences.  I don't consider things like critters and bugs.  So when stuff like this happens, it seems like just another something negative to adjust to.
It'll be fine, I know.  But for now it's a painful learning curve.



No comments:

Post a Comment