Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Happy things for July 2022

 It looks like I skipped this for June, so I guess I have some catch up to do.  This month, I am trying to focus on the positive so that I don't get sucked back under the waves.  Its going to be a day by day kind of thing.  And once July is over, I *think* I can move on.  But right now, it may as well be July of 2021 because losing Mark feels like yesterday.  If I could, I wouldn't think about it every day.  But I do.  Anyways...here is the list:

Keep going - blue skies ahead


*My finances are much improved with no RV and truck notes.  I have put the brakes on spending unnecessarily,  I am eating at home as much as possible (even on the weekends), and am making fewer trips to Highlands which is saving me a little in gas.  The house note even went down $100.  So, I feel like I can live on what I make, even though I could make even more changes to my budget.

*My knee doesn't hurt every day like it was.  I'm going to chalk it all up to arthritis which got inflamed with all of my ladder-climbing.  I am taking good care of myself, but I know there are more things I could be doing for myself.  I am eating healthily, cutting back on beer and wine, and eliminating those evening trips to Culver's...  I take my vitamins and drink water and get good sleep.  So I think I have covered the basics and will fine tune it all as I go.

*There was a flurry of activity here this year: getting trees trimmed up, getting the sprinklers working, replacing the alarm system, cleaning out the attic and garage.  Although I am proud of myself for taking care of my home, I am giving myself a break from repairs and such until the end of summer so that I have breathing room to just enjoy some summer.

*Its time to get off the second med for depression.  I am experiencing a lot less crying and anxiety attacks - actually rarely.  I expect that my depression is slowly ebbing and I am looking forward to just feeling what I feel and dealing with it as it comes.  I can trust myself to know myself.  I know there will be sadness, but I expect to experience happiness again, too.  The end of July will be my target for that.

******

That's four things that are BIG.  I am looking forward to simpler Happy Things lists in the future!


1 comment:

  1. Great to hear a good report at its best. Seems like every month brings back special memories. I wonder if every year is going to still bring those special moments? Glad things are working out budget wise. I was still living on my own so I didn't have to deal with that. My biggest thing is I've lost my travel companion. I'm trying to get use to eating out alone. I always notice when I hold up 1 finger for the hostess, they usually say, "Just One?" Why do they say that? Hopefully, you can start budgeting some eat out time?

    ReplyDelete