Saturday, October 8, 2022

Learning

 It pains me to make mistakes that either harm myself or my home.  After all, I am trying to keep everything maintained and I assume I am bright enough to figure most things out.  I mean, I *think* I have common sense enough to come in out of a pouring thunderstorm, as my mother would say....but just like the garden faucet issue, I find that this is not always the case.


Long story short:  I managed to both graze my arm across the top of the firepit grate while the logs were actively burning, searing a swath of skin on my forearm AND not remove the lid in time while the fire was at its hottest, causing the handle to catch fire and burn. (Side note - what genius designs a firepit with wooden handles??)  I have since ordered a new handle and my arm is healing, but these small things tend to throw me off a bit.  Did Mark ever make a mistake like this?  Yes, he had scars from many things he did around the house.  But did he learn from it and move on?  Also yes.  
And so will I.


No comments:

Post a Comment