Saturday, January 6, 2024

Happy things for January

Its time for the monthly focus on my blessings, not my troubles.  I find that flexing that gratitude muscle is as important as physical exercise.  Does that mean I am better at it?  Maybe not yet - I have a ways to go.  But practice makes perfect, right? Here are current things to be happy about:

Less beer, but not no beer

*The year ended on a calm and quiet note and my family had a good Christmas.  I stayed well within my budget and plans and I think that set a positive example for my adult kids.  As one of them stated, (Christmas) "doesn't have to be exactly the same every year", which tells me that they understand the need for holidays to evolve for us as a family.  Another lightbulb moment for me!
*The tile job is finished as far as I'm concerned. I have plans in place and lists made and I am moving forward with the things I want to do for my house and that doesn't involve dealing with that tile guy ever again.  A lesson or two was learned.
*Grayson is no longer commuting to San Marcos in the Baja, and for now he is done with school.
*I survived my two week bout with RSV and am feeling better overall.  I have started back on my walking.  Health-wise, I am doing my best at making healthy choices, which also includes far less drinking.
*I have already started on the yearly purging and cleaning and organizing of the spaces in my home  and I have a plan for moving forward with projects and that gives me such a feeling of accomplishment and control!  I'm going to enlist the boys' help more often as well.

That's not a bad list of happy things for January!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty good positive report to me. Glad you made it through Christmas. On with the new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do have so much to be grateful for, and it helps to write it down, and cherish the blessings. Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete