Friday, March 6, 2015

Hello, it's me!

Whenever I call my mother, I always say "Hi, Mother.  It's just me, Gina"  so she will know exactly who is talking to her...she's 85 and mostly on top of things.  But years ago, after she lost her husband, if you called her and did not tell her who you were right off the bat, she might have a whole conversation with you thinking you were someone else.  Grief does that to people.  Makes them lose direction, focus.
 My mother and me, 1963
 
But enough of that now.
This is a space for me, to talk about whatever I feel the need to talk about.  And lately, that's been a lot of stuff that's not exactly what I want to post on The Cannary Family.
Because not all of it is artsy craftsy.  Or even family related. 
And I can't keep leaning on friends and family so hard.  I need a different outlet. And here it is.
So, hello it's me, Gina.
I am a 54 year old mother of four living in Austin, Texas.  My hubby and I will celebrate 30 years of marriage this October.  I was born in Lubbock, and moved to Galveston when I was 11.  My parents were serial parents; by the time I came around, my mother had been married three times, my father twice.  They had 10 kids between them, with another 3 to follow after me.  As well as another two marriages.  Someone should have counseled these people.  Anyhoo...
A lot of that has to do with a lot of me, so I guess it's relevant.
You learn a lot from your parents about what to do.  It also follows that you learn what NOT to do.
So.
This is my forum, trying to make sense of life so I can keep moving forward in a positive way.  Not being bogged down by negativity from the past, but acknowledging it at the same time.  It's not healthy to pretend.  It's my goal to be real.



No comments:

Post a Comment