Friday, May 12, 2017

Work and Life

Week three of my new shift under my belt and it has been an interesting time.  Not the least of which because there is a whole new set of co-workers - people I had seen here and there in the past, but not really worked with.  One in particular who could not be described as respectful and appropriate, but since that one has now moved on to another job, I'm even less concerned about her than I was, which was not much.  I am single-mindedly pursuing my path, keeping  work-life balance a priority.  Doing my best while I am there while trying to move out of the venting and stressing routine I was in.  Focusing on home and family during the day and on weekends instead of thinking about my job.  It's a work in progress for sure.



I miss being at my sweet house in the evenings, and looking out the breakroom at the sunset is not the same as enjoying it at my house, but for now, I feel very Ok with this schedule.  It has allowed me to see a different side of myself as a worker, a mom, and wife.  I stay a little closer to home during the week, and that feels nice.  I have had a nap and reading time every day and that's nice, too.  And I am able to provide a clean home and a meal to my peeps every day and that is HUGE.  I think that overall the change has been positive for me.  And if I move yet again to a swing shift, it will continue to evolve, and I expect that to be positive, too.  
So for now, I am focusing on experiencing the happy more often and doing my best to pull out of my negative thoughts routine.  It's challenging for me as I have deep-rooted opinions and behaviors.  But I'm just going to keep moving forward!



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to know that you are "ok" with your new schedule...it makes things so much easier when you keep a good attitude like you do. xo

    ReplyDelete