Saturday, December 9, 2017

December blahs

I feel this December pretty much I like I do every December - pulled in all directions with loads of extra things to go, places to go, people to see, stuff to buy, and the ever-present chores to knock out.  Not to mention work, with it's own stressors.  And Hubby's work stress.  And money stress, which is the worst kind of all.


I would like just one holiday season of calm, but I don't even know if that's possible.  I've been purposely not watching TV or listening to the news, and if it sounds like I am burying my head in the sand, I don't care.  Its all bad news anyway, or loud and jarring store ads with manic holiday muzak.  I don't want to be told that time is running out! on December 9th.  No it isn't, Christmas is still 2 weeks always for crying out loud.  I tried to get as much Christmas shopping done as possible on-line, but I have also had to cram in a Target run or two.  This new work schedule is nice in some ways - leaves much to be desired in others.  Maybe I will miss all this hustle someday when we are out "on our hill" as Mark likes to say.  I would love to find out.



*In keeping with my plan to balance the positive with the negative, the next post will be more uplifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment