Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Things I want for (from) you

As a mother, I want my children to have happy, fulfilled lives.  I want the sky to be the limit! For their dreams to become their reality.  Even though, I know it cannot be so without a lot of hard work on their part.  That's just how life is.  I want to be able to point them the way towards what they want, but I can't do the work for them.
And, I want them to get their shit together.
 

 Fall 2012

I want Spencer to further his training and education, get his finances and cell phone in order, meet and fall in love with a stable person his own age, get a decent place to live, get rid of the GT, and get all of the auto crap out of the garage.  Quit with the e-cigs and booze, improve his general health, too.


I want Chloe to finish up with summer school without losing her mind, act responsibly and reasonably regarding living at home for the summer, acquire her own cell and auto insurance accounts, get a phone in her own name, find a decent and safe place to live, get established in her job before she plunges into pet ownership, and meet and fall in love with a stable person her own age. 


I want Dylan to get more hours at a better job this summer,  do some volunteer work in advance of applying to the program he is interested in, clean his room out (seriously), not spend so much time with the girlfriend or on the computer, start contributing to his insurance and phone bill, focus on education, take care of his teeth, figure out what to do about a car, and help out more around the house without being asked.  Also, I want him to clean up the Escape and throw out the e-cig crap.  {What is it with e-cigs? Nasty}


 I want Grayson to read more books, practice his horn, get his room in order, have fun and work on rank advancement at summer camp, not spend so much time on the computer, be in charge of his own laundry start to finish, get to bed at a reasonable time, and do his chores.  Plus, I am going to get him to start speaking to me in a more respectful way.  


They're nifty people.  I love them lots.  I will write a post where all I do is brag on them.  And (I'm sure I could do an entire post on what I want for Hubby.)  They are no worse than the rest of us at navigating the world in our youth.  There are no maps, and it can be a treacherous journey.  But they are lucky, they have parents who can guide and advise them.  If they will only take it all to heart...


2 comments:

  1. We have similar wishes for our children. Bottom line we want them to be happy and responsible adults.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raising kids, especially teenagers, isn't for the faint of heart. I wish you well :)

    And thank you for the sweet comment on my blog!

    rue

    ReplyDelete