Friday, May 24, 2019

A List for Parents of Things to Do

Mark about drove me to say bad words this morning as he arranged a "conference call" to a person he didn't even know at the A&M admissions office.  Without some sort of agenda for the call, it was an exercise in futility.  I get that he wants to help expedite a process, but seriously.



I think that we have to go about this the right way - with a plan at least, or a script for talking to people and for God's sake, get a NAME of who you talked to before.  And I would much rather coach Grayson (if that's even needed, which I think it probably is) on what questions to ask for specific information rather than just take over.  Plus, if you're going to include me, which he did, maybe get my input?  Maybe don't tell me that once Gray gets into A&M (if he even does with his C in calculus) that you are done helping and going to wash your hands of it?  Maybe don't make me want to throttle you in the morning just before you need to leave for work?
Gray has had a rough week and I want him to have time to process what is going on in his personal life and get his wits about him so he can be an active participant in moving forward to a university.  We need to sit down and make a plan.


1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious! Thanks for the smile. I am at my frantic wits end at the moment, so you really made my day. I think I'll trash my shopping list and use yours!

    ReplyDelete