Tuesday, March 3, 2020

What is your personal credo?

Lately my credo has been this:  do not harm but take no shit.


I've noticed that men want to talk over me, or ignore me, or mansplain something.  This happens at work, the hardware store, the oil change place...  And I'm not having it.  My being a gray-haired old lady, means I've been around the block a time or two and have learned to think and speak for myself.  So please don't think I will just smile and be pleasant while you are marginalizing me.  I can speak properly to get my thoughts or questions across, your suggestions are welcome if I asked for them.  I don't set out to be argumentative or cross  - I use the Golden Rule as a starting point.  But when I am not afforded the same courtesy by someone,  its on.  I think its tied in to general burnout over the last couple of years.  My "vacation" away from my job this week was good timing.  But also, its me feeling tired of just letting people get away with pulling one over on you.  
So, stand up for yourself.  Speak your mind.  Own your opinions.  Take no shit.
Even from people you love.


2 comments:

  1. Love it, Gina! I just read this one to my girls...hoping they learn the lesson long before they have gray hair. Like us!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yassss! I feel the same way! I can hear your voice as I am reading what you have written and it makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete