Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Happy things for March 2022

Some of these may be repeats...


I think that's OK.

*I have reached month seven in my widowhood.  Mark and I talked once about how long-married people lived after their spouse died and he said "six months, tops".  That was his favorite catch phrase whenever we had discussions about the future - he was being facetious.  But he will have to wait on me a bit. 
*100% relieved that I have a plan for Mark's memorial:  bluebonnets, BBQ, his favorite tunes, yard games, and sunshine at Highlands.  I will pick a date that works for everyone and we will have a family only day.  
*Taking care of myself feels good.  I have been journaling and working on me and managing life on my own terms.  
*The weather is only getting better from here on out.  I can't wait to get my yards in shape for spring and summer!  Fingers crossed that Big Trash Day is not cancelled in April.  I have a load of crap in the garage to set out.  Once its gone, I can venture into the attic.
*As always, I am thankful for my home, my family, my friends, my health, and my job.

Life doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful


1 comment:

  1. I'm SO happy you came and commented on my blog so I could come here and read the good advice on your blog. Stuff I need. I'm going through the same thing. I've just ended my 3rd month being without my Sweetie Greg. We'd been engaged 12 yrs and lived in separate houses but spent so much time together esp in the winter in Fl together for almost 3 months the past 6 years. We traveled by car all over this USA. A ton of memories. He got the virus just before we were to get ready to leave for Fl this time. The tunnel analogy is pretty close. I finally went back to church 2 weeks ago. The hardest thing since we had to say its ok to leave. I'm retired and still have lots I want to see and do. Please stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete