Wednesday, November 23, 2022

GriefShare

I ended up not completing the Grief Share class.  Got about halfway through and thought "this is not really how I want to spend my time off".  I feel like: 
*I couldn't make it apply to my life - I think I am nearing the end of the tunnel*
*It was waaaay too preachy and the content was not all that helpful
*It took a 2 hour chunk out of one of my days off where I could have been doing things for myself
*Some of the people seemed "stuck" in their grief and I really want to be around people who can show me how to move forward 


And another thing that was a red flag for me was that some of them stated that this was their 2nd or 3rd time to do the course..why wasn't it helpful enough the first time?
The facilitator was going to do a "Surviving the holidays" thing on the 20th, but I had plans with a friend for that day.  She was disappointed that I thought the class was not the right fit, but its not about how she feels about it that is important to me right now.  I have to make my own way; my tunnel has had many twists and turns.  I don't think there is one approach to this grief thing that works for everyone.  So I can keep trying things that people suggest, but I will drop them if they don't suit my situation.  And bit by bit, I'm still going forward.


*I could be wrong about this...

1 comment:

  1. I think that's a great plan. You have to do what feels right...and that cup is awesome.

    ReplyDelete