Thursday, January 19, 2023

Happy things for January 2023

 I don't know why its been so long since I've written one of these, but here's the first one for the New Year.  Even in sad times, there are good things in my life.  Though I'm not an overly religious person, I do have a sure and steady faith that I am mindful of during my days and I express my thanks to God.  Mostly for:
*My home, which has everything I need to feel comfortable and safe.  Its pretty and smells clean, is warm, and comforting after a long day.  Yes, its big for one person.  But also yes that rent at a smaller place would be about the same as my house note.
*My health, which seems to be on an even keel.  My knee does not hurt, I haven't had a bout of bladder pain in a few weeks, I don't cry as often as I used to, I am cutting back on alcohol, and I am eating well - even while staying within a tiny budget.
*My car, which Subaru has agreed to pay half of the pricey auto repair recommended to me back in November.  Once that gets done, I will have the brakes and a couple of other services done.  I am working on the most important/expensive things first, making my way down the list.  This car is paid for and I plan on driving it a long time.


Those are the most important things to be happy about right now, though there are small ones that occur to me from time to time.  I like the way my back patio functions now after removing things I did not want (the ugly BBQ storage shed thingie) and adding things I did (my anti-gravity lounge chair and some Mexican blankets).  My nails are growing and my hair is not falling out as much.  I have books to read and things to stitch.  I have friends I can vent to, joke with, bounce ideas off of.  And I have plans going forward in the spring.  Lots to looks forward to, even amongst the grief that seems to hang on and on...


No comments:

Post a Comment