Saturday, August 5, 2023

Happy things for August 2023

The happiest thing?  July is over.
And although it still feels like hell on Earth outside, summer is at least halfway over, and that grass will recover... 

Table for one, coffee with creamer, please.

I love sitting on my deck, even tho its hot.
Fall can't be far away - no season skips its turn.  But also:

*I am going to get the last few maintenance items done on my car, and then I'm going to start the process of selling the truck.  That will make room in the driveway as well as eliminate that expense for me.
*2 of the 3 vehicles got updated (tags, titles, license plates) Expensive, but with a minimum of hassle.  When Grayson graduates, I will sign the title and give it to him.  From then on, not my expense.
*Related: my finances are improving.  I did order myself a new purse.  (:
*I have now been at my new hospital for 3 months and my work stress is greatly improved.  Like comparing night to day!  I like my co-workers, boss, commute time, pay, hours, equipment, and working conditions.  What's not to like?
*After getting over that self-imposed 2 year hump, I am feeling better.  I have a couple of books to read that are actually helpful, and I am dropping the antidepressant.  I understand the grieving process - I know there will be rainy days ahead, too.  But the sunny ones seem to be lasting longer now. 


2 comments:

  1. I think you're doing a great job on all fronts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last line, "the sunny ones seem to be lasting longer now..." ❤️
    It reminds me of a friend who always says, we know it's going to rain, but don't waste the sunny days worrying about it.

    ReplyDelete