Saturday, February 3, 2024

Happy Things for February '24

 Is it just me, or does it seem like New Year's was just a couple weeks ago?
Also...it seems like I really look forward to January for that fresh start/clean slate feeling, then various things happen that take a little of the shine off.  I am going to keep my head up as best I can and find the good.


*the fence is repaired and it cost much less than two other quotes I got.
*the water pressure issue for the house and kitchen was resolved and its soooo nice to have good water pressure and a fully functioning kitchen faucet!
*I started a walking program and while doing so I listen to various Ted talks which are helpful.  I am changing the way I look at grieving - very eye-opening.
* I got that big auto pipe outta my garage, a bunch of stuff decluttered from my house, and Grayson is helping me sell the ham radios.  Progress!
*I'm going to buy a new car, sell mine to Grayson, then sell the Baja and Ridgeline.  Will I regret this?  Right now I can't see a reason why.
Deep breaths - February is off to a decent start.


4 comments:

  1. You won't regret it. I really, really attach to any vehicle that I've owned but when it's sold, it just leaves my mind and life goes on with the next vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to know what TED talks you listen to. I listen to a lot of podcasts and some about grief but I haven't thought of TED talks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've accomplished a lot and have a great plan for the cars. We're in the market, too, since the one we bought is a lemon. Grrrr. Never buy a first year model.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to listen to audiobook while walking/exercising but I bet TED talks would be very motivating!

    ReplyDelete