Tuesday, August 6, 2019

I miss my Dylan

Mother's Day BBQ, 2019
 

Hubby thinks its a good thing that we don't hear from him more often - a sign that he is making it on his own.  He's off living his adult life and doing what he should.  But I sure do miss him coming around.  And I will never stop worrying over things like: are you eating properly? Have you checked your tire pressure lately?  Are you taking care of your teeth?  
I know all of that is silly so I don't pry, but Dylan is only 23 and I worry!
Yesterday someone at work told me that since Dylan is a middle child that he will always be the forgotten one - like that kid in Home Alone.  This person has no kids and couldn't possibly know how much I love and cherish my Dylan.
Hopefully we will see he and Michelle at our family BBQ on the 17th.  He doesn't need me to Mother him anymore, not in the sense of giving him free advice or helping him with laundry or fixing him a plate of dinner...but I sure want to see him more!


2 comments:

  1. Tough to see them go out on their own, but it is proof we did our job well!! Happy you enjoyed the strawberry pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. The circle of life will bring him back to you. My sons set out on their own and I didn't hear from them for a while. Now they visit at least once a week and love their momma!

    ReplyDelete