Tuesday, April 14, 2020

What's your go-to social network?

I found this prompt to be somewhat ironic, given that the computer is about the only social network any of us is getting to use right now.  That being said, I only ever look at Facebook or Instagram.  Instagram mainly for people's photos of their kids/dogs, wineries happenings, what someone cooked.  The only reason for me to look at Facebook at all is for the memes.


Which are hilarious and clever and only a teensy bit political, if at all.  A welcome break.


I don't even read the news unless I am at work, which has become not so much a respite from the virus/political news as a mind-numbing challenge of who can get through the next 8 hours of boredom.  Which I guess I should be grateful for.  Things at work could always be worse.


Anything with Chuck Norris makes me laugh.


Funny things are almost always true things.  Or things you have secretly thought, yourself...


 I know that some folks are starting to feel squirrel-y - I think Mark is feeling the stress.  He's gone from being his workplace cheerleader to simply helping his co-workers put out their work-from-home fires.  He doesn't even wear shoes during the week, which I think is a mistake if you are trying to get your mind into the work zone.   I guess its a saving grace that I get to leave the house 4 days out of 7.


Otherwise I would be home wearing my ratty tee shirts and men's boxers with my houseshoes all day.  Thank goodness all I have to do is pull on clean scrubs and pack some leftovers for dinner.  No point in fixing my hair (I need a haircut badly) so I just pull it into a pony tail and call it done.  Make-up is very minimal.  Earrings on.  Boom.  I'm ready to go.


If you rely on any sort of social media for any news or updates you will  be woefully uninformed, and yet I see people every day on there who instead of trying to connect with people, or laugh, continue pushing their social and political agendas.  I just scroll past.


For me, there is no greater medicine than laughter.


If I think too far ahead to June or July, I feel like we'll never get there.  So far away.  So many unknowns.  I mean, I want so badly for this to be over.  But I want it to be really over.  None of this gradual return to life crap.


I think when all of this social distancing is over, can we go back to actually in-person social networks?  Remember meeting people and having face to face convos?  Remember hugs and handshakes?  Groups of folks enjoying themselves?



2 comments:

  1. Facebook and Instagram are mine as well. There is just so much eye candy on Instagram! I get so many ideas, and often that is not the best thing. Congrats, by the way, for finding flour! My search continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Facebook and Instagram too. I'm a stalker more than a poster and I rarely comment. I just like to laugh...

    ReplyDelete