Thursday, April 7, 2022

When the inside doesn't match the outside

Miss Highlands Cactus sprouted two tiny teddy bear ears which are adorable. 


This is the topic between me and a couple of friends lately.  Someone recently commented on the family blog that the inside doesn't always match the outside and there could not be a truer statement for my life right now.  I actually feel like the reverse of Miss Cactus above: prickly and vulnerable on the inside and smooth and calm on the outside.  Still trying to take care of my physical and mental health as best I can, wearing clean clothes and eating meals and doing all of the things that make getting through the day to day possible.  But on the inside there is still much grief, anger, guilt, sadness.  And my brain is doing a good job of parceling that out in bits so that I can keep going. Two steps forward, one step back. Baby steps at that.
So just know this:  it may look like life for me is moving forward (which it is) and I am doing OK (which I am) and things are getting done (which they are) BUT on the inside, sometimes, the reverse may be true.  
And my blogs are not always a good indication of the whole story, inside and out.


2 comments:

  1. So well said, Gina. No one knows what's going on inside and the outside definitely doesn't always tell the whole story. Lots of us "put on a happy face" when it's not really how we feel. I wish you moments of peace my friend.

    ReplyDelete