Saturday, October 7, 2023

Happy things for October

 A little work-related humor:
Because this has happened to every XR tech

*After a couple of months that were over-the-top stressful and terrible, Mom passed.  I'm not sure if I will ever blog it.  Maybe I will post her obit on this blog and write a few words. It may sound terrible to anyone reading this, but I feel relief mixed in with the sadness.
*The weather is cooling!  We had a good drenching rain and the grass and shrubs and trees are greening up!  Finally, Fall.  
*I got myself scheduled for painless fillings on the bottom row of my front teeth that will improve my smile.  I got a haircut that released a lot of bounce and looks far less straggly.  I am getting back on a regular schedule with my vitamins.  And I am not eating fast food or junk snacks. I am not letting grief or depression take over aspects of self-care.
*Grayson got a part-time job. I have big blocks of time where the house is all mine.  I can play music loudly,  do loud chores (vacuuming, putting up dishes), and cry when and where I need to.  Hooray for alone time.
*I continue to organize and clean out spaces at my house -  it feels good to stay on top of things.  I put out a few Fall decor items which make my home feel cozy and pretty.  And I have plans to do some things for the house that the weather will make much pleasanter.
Fall feels like a mini New Year.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your mom, Gina. Your relief mixed with sadness is relatable to many, I'm sure. I'm glad you've been able to find some moments of joy in October.

    ReplyDelete