Thursday, March 8, 2018

Getting there

Things aren't all that different at work lately, but maybe I have turned a corner and am seeing it all differently.  I still feel like there are people there who shouldn't be there,  and I still feel like we are losing people that we shouldn't lose...but more and more I also feel like I should settle down and fly under the radar.  Stop complaining and venting about work altogether - at home and at work.  Find more joy in the day.  And busy myself with what I am supposed to do to make myself more effective and make the day go smoother.  It's definitely a work in progress type thing.  Sounds overly simplistic and in reality, is challenging as hell.

 Hallways that stretch into foreverrrrr at the end of a long day...

When I walk to the timeclock every evening I want to be able to say I did my best in all things:  in how I related to the customers I served and in how I interacted with my fellow employees.  I want to say I didn't spend time dwelling on the past and am moving confidently into the future.  I want to make the most of the time I have in this profession, at this place, and say I was successful.  I definitely don't want a small, disappointing slice in time to define how I feel about all of that.  And I also don't want anyone else to be responsible for how I feel about it all.  And I am starting to feel like I am getting there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment