Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Dream feelings #5


We are living in a big barndominium that has walls that do not connect with the ceiling, and I know we share the roof with another family on the other side of the wall.  Its only Grayson and I home and I and I am trying to put him to bed for the night.  I hear voices in his room and discover there is another child there, one that I do not recognize, playing with Gray. They have these small cello-wrapped packages of small gadgets that look electronic, almost alien.  I cannot figure out what they are.  Happy Meal or Cracker Jacks toys?  I tell the other child he must go, its Gray's bedtime.  I must have ushered the kid to the front door because on the other side of the wall nearby I hear people laughing and talking.  I loudly shush them and they hush.  I return to Gray's room and he is sitting up in bed awake, so I tell him he really has to go to bed now!  I notice his bed is atop a platform that has multiple drawers below it.  In the drawers are not much besides small toys, trash, a sock here and there...none of it is clean or organized and I wonder to myself when the last time was that I changed his sheets or cleaned his room.  I am back at the front door where two women who look to be adult mother and younger daughter, are showing me strings of outdoor lights with red bulbs.  They are dressed like straight out of the 80's and have dark hair.  The dream ends.
****** 
This dream actually made me teary eyed when I awoke.  I feel kind of torn up about Gray leaving home to go to college, but I know its past time for that to happen.  I keep hoping he will get accepted to A&M- I cannot picture him languishing at SHSU.  He is such a bright bulb - makes good grades, does whatever we ask of him.  I know I will miss him so much.  The barndominium - what we plan on building at Highlands.  The gadgets - tied in to his engineering degree plan.  The disorderly room - his current room! (and me trying not to mother him so hard) The dark haired women - me.  The light strings - some we have at Highlands that we replaced the bulbs in on Saturday.
Oy vey.


1 comment:

  1. I keep track of my stranger dreams in a journal, and many times I awaken feeling quite bereft. You are going through significant changes in your life, but you have the strength to be able to deal with them.

    ReplyDelete