Saturday, April 8, 2023

Dream feelings about Mark

Me and my "handyman" 


     I'm the independent sort, but I have been thinking lately about all of the things Mark isn't here to help me address, and how sometimes it can get overwhelming.  So, of course I had this dream:

     I had a gaping and jagged edge hole in my floor and Mark was suddenly here, fixing it with his table saw and some plywood.  He didn't look the same - had longish hair and was thin, and he didn't say much, but I knew it was him and I was relieved that he was taking care of it.  I thought: wait - this is impossible, it can't be. But other people were also in the background of my dream and they saw him, too. I woke up from this very short dream and I felt so sad I immediately started crying.  Trying to shake myself out of it was hard - it stayed with me all day.  In conversation with three people that day, I mentioned it.  I got very mixed results!
To Friend #1 I just told her I dreamt about Mark.  She responded with "hope it was a positive experience".  I told her how sad it made me feel, and she immediately ended the convo with "well, I hope the rest of your day goes well."
Friend #2 was much more understanding, pointing out to me that there is no timeline for grieving, don't downplay it for anyone, and this was likely part of that and not out of the norm.  She also reminded me that people who care about me hurt alongside me and are not just going to ignore what I am telling them with flip response. That was comforting to me, and I was able to put the dream out of my mind and get on with my morning.
Friend #3 is into dream interpretation, so she told me: dreaming about a deceased partner signifies you miss them and still grieve for them OR you are going through a major transition OR in your dream he is guiding you to address something you've been putting off.  She said the beneficial traits of him are being offered to me as a blessing from him.  That was also comforting to me, and all of it made some sort of sense.  She also said whether you fix something yourself or hire someone to do what Mark used to, you got this. 

     I so wish I felt like I got this - some days I almost do.  And some days I think "I wonder would Mark would think about this situation?  What would he have done?  And I wonder if he would be proud of me for how I have managed so far?"


No comments:

Post a Comment