Saturday, December 16, 2023

A mantra for now*

I don't always believe the words in my head, but I hear them in my mother's voice as she tells me:
"You can do this, Gina.  You're a strong woman." 

trees are amazing - as they grow they bend, rather than break

I didn't ask to be in this life situation I am now.  I did not approve of all these changes.  I don't particularly feel strong.  I'm being handed a lot of shi*t I don't want.  And yet I get up every day, make my bed, put my clothes on, and get to work, so maybe that's all that strength is anyway. When I pray, I ask God for more strength, just so I can get through this terrible time and see what's on the other side.  Because what else would I ask for?
There might be something great ahead, so I will expect the best.




*I'm following a series of prompts for a few posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment