Saturday, December 23, 2023

Something that makes me feel cared for*

I was sick recently with some kind of respiratory bug and on a phone call with another co-worker she suddenly asked "Can I bring you something? maybe some Sudafed?"  You know how someone sounds when they are truly ill?  They sound nasal-y, tired, annoyed, defeated.
It was me.


"I'll bring you that.  Anything else?"  It kind of made me want to cry, to tell you the truth.  Turns out she emptied her medicine cabinet and brought me a grocery sack full of OTC delights.  I'm so used to not having anyone pinch hit for me in life.  Even the people who live at home with me listened to me choke, cough, and cry for several days before they really noticed. I wasn't asking for sympathy, but it would be nice for us all to look out for each other.
Leave it to another working mom to SEE you and offer some Sudafed and TLC.  Will that be my last physical illness of 2023?  God, I hope so.



*I'm following a series of prompts for a few posts.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Gina, happy to meet you! It's always good to journal through the year, it makes memories easier when you have a written record! Many Happy New Year blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete