Saturday, March 30, 2024

Happy things for April 2024


*I'm getting Rustown painted, but more importantly, repaired in various areas where there is wood rot.
The painter will also remove outside speakers, part of a weather station, and replace some light fixtures, in addition to power washing the house.  This project is a long time coming as I had tried to convince Mark that it needed to be done years ago.  He would always insist we could sell the house "as is".  But if I'm going to stay here for any length of time, I want to have this done so I can continue to enjoy my home.
*The weather is full-on Spring and I could not be more pleased.  I've been mowing, raking, and fertilizing the grass.  A few weeds make little difference to me. The oaks trees dropped fewer leaves and pollen pods than in recent years (probably due to all of the pruning that was done), so clean-up was manageable.  Dylan and Grayson have both helped me with bagging of the leaves, which is actually the most time-consuming thing.  I will plant new lantanas this month and see about getting the sprinkletr system back on-line.
*The executor for Mom's estate let us come spend one day, clearing out all of the personal property we wanted. It was a hard task (physically and emotionally), but it's one more hard thing done. Whatever is left in the house/garage/storage sheds will either go into an estate sale or be donated.  He got the yards managed, too, and will put the property on the market soon, so it feels like we are making progress in wrapping this up. 
*Mental health-wise: last month was rough.  My labs were all done recently, and everything looks "great" per my doc.  I don't have any reason to think that things can't keep moving in a positive direction.  I know there will be sad times mixed in, but I am determined to expect the best.


1 comment:

  1. Cleaning out parents' home is tough. Bless you.
    We have to pick the positive things of life and make the best of them. Congrats on great test results.
    So that's 2 worry things checked off your list.

    ReplyDelete