Saturday, August 3, 2024

Happy things for August

I have been a busy little beaver, doing all I can to feel better this summer.
There were good things for July which included:

Continued working on my plans for home and self maintenance, doing as many things as I could myself.  I treated the photinia and crepe myrtle. Worked on the grass, patching up a big bare spot and keeping the landscape watered.  Continued to meet with the dietician, and lost a bit of weight. Had a negative mammo and a great follow-up visit with my doc after getting some help to move forward.  Got my teeth cleaned. Started working with a case manager to find a counselor.  Grew my nails out. Cut my hair.  Decided to stop cooking for the boys and worrying about Grayson in general.  Got my car inspected, tires rotated, oil changed, paid tags. Cleaned the carpets. Paid my bills on time. Slept well. Read several books.
Whew!


Good things for August:
*Got reimbursed for Mom's funeral - no small thing. That went right back into my emergency savings.
*Will buy a new refrigerator, as I have discovered I really need the ice and water dispensers to work!
*Getting the roof inspected again since it is 15 years old and it may be time for a new one.  I want to head into winter knowing that my home is protected from the top down.
*Heading into August with a 7 pound weight loss.  So I know that the changes I've made so far are having a positive impact on my health. Next to add: weights.
*Working with a case manager to find a therapist.  Will continue taking one Monday off work per month as a mental health day.
Doing my best to keep this momentum going!



No comments:

Post a Comment