Thursday, March 19, 2015

Current goals

 

In no particular order, I thought I would post my current goals.  It will help cement them in my mind, I hope.  They're not lofty - I am making them as practical as I can while still setting my sights.
Here goes:


 No cane this week, with the exception of getting from the car to PT and back.  And maybe if it's raining and I need the psyche assist of thinking the cane will magically keep me from falling.  And the long term goal is just to forget I even have a cane...

 

Get a Wii to replace our old one that is on the blink.  The therapist suggested I dust off the Wii Fit board and game and use it for therapy at home.  Not a bad idea since we are halfway done with March and much as I like her, it's getting to be time to wrap this up.


Finish decorating the house for Spring.  Add some Easter in!  Get rid of that last collection of pinecones I found on top of the kitchen cabinets.  It's a mental thing - I want to get as far away from last Fall and Winter as I can.

 
Take the boys to the movies.  {It is Spring Break after all.}  There are three movies playing at the dollar theater so we need to decide which ones to see.  We have to work around Scout's work schedule and my PT appointments, but we have time.


Get back into following the strict home program I set up for myself and the schedule for getting up early.  I've been slipping on that.  Also, I probably should email a brief hello to my boss.  And I need to call my mother and see when I can visit her.


Continue with the EFT and self-hypnosis.  Neither one of these things hinder me and I believe they are beneficial.  If for no other reason than they fill my mind with positive images and affirmations.  Which, is a stark contrast to what I was filling it with a month or so ago...


All in all, fairly reasonable goals.



1 comment:

  1. I hope you were able to accomplish all of that, Gina.

    Pretty pictures :)

    ReplyDelete