Thursday, March 12, 2015

Right where I am

I am a creature of habit, for sure.  And I started a few years ago doing a simple thing that has had a profound effect on how I feel at the end of my day.  By no means is it magic - I still have moments falling asleep at night when I feel fretful, and sometimes I don't sleep as well, for whatever reason.  I've come to accept that it's just the roller coaster of a ride called Gina.  


But just before I fall asleep I sing a little song in my head that the ladies at Mother's Day Out taught Scout and Bubbie years ago:

"Thank you God for giving me this day,
thank you, God for giving me this day,
thank you God for giving me this day...
right where I am."


It helps for me to remember that things could always be worse.  I have a LOT to be thankful for.  Which is not to say I don't have things to be sad about.  Doesn't everyone.  I'm trying hard to keep perspective.  I think that's a daily struggle for a lot of people.
So, today:

Hooray for doing really well in physical therapy this morning
Hooray for getting Grayson up and at band sectionals on time
Hooray for leftover Chinese for lunch
Hooray for being able to walk down the block and back
Hooray for getting some quiet time to catch up on reading

And I'm starting to feel like everything is where it should be right now.  
Right where I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment